Last Updated – 27.10.2023
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide
We collect or request personal information from you when you:
• Contact us by email, telephone, mail, or other means;
• Request a quotation, support, downloads, or information;
• Purchase a product, service or solution;
• Apply for an open position in TIOSEAL;
• Visit our website for TIOSEAL products and services;
• Register for events, webinars or services;
• Subscribe to newsletters, event notices, or information materials;
• Participate in company promotional activities.
The types of personal information we may request will generally be apparent to you at the time you provide it, and may include:
• Contact details (e.g., physical address, email address, telephone number);
• Work information (e.g., job title);
• Work experience information (e.g., CV, diploma);
• Financial details (e.g., credit or payment card number, bank account number, billing address);
Information we collect automatically
Information we collect from third parties
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third-party sources (including resellers, companies we cooperate with or third parties from whom we receive services), but only where these third parties are legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us. The types of information we may collect from third parties include contact details, billing information, and delivery details. We use the information we receive from these third parties to provide the requested product, service, or solution.
How We Use the Information
In particular, we will use your information to:
• Carry out the necessary work by our relevant business units for the realization of the commercial activities carried out by our Company and to carry out the related business processes,
• Plan and execute the commercial and/or business strategies of our Company,
• Carry out the necessary work through our business units and carry out the relevant processes in order to ensure that the relevant persons benefit from the products and services offered,
• Plan and execute the human resources policies and processes of our Company,
• To ensure the legal, technical, and commercial business security of the relevant persons who are in business relations with our Company,
• Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; analyzing our products);
• Perform accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection, and other internal business functions;
• Maintain the physical security of our premises (e.g., visitor logs) and electronic security;
• Operate and manage our websites.
We may also use your information in an aggregated manner that does not enable the identification of any individual customer to evaluate and improve our offerings.
Legal basis for processing personal information
For the Republic of Turkey, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific purpose for which we collected or requested it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where:
• We have your consent to do so;
• We need the personal information to provide a service or to perform a contract or agreement with you; or
• Where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect or use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Changes and Contact” heading below.
Information We Share
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
• To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court, or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
• To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
How We Protect Personal Information
We take data protection and privacy seriously. We maintain appropriate organizational, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Because submissions of information over the Internet are never entirely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Internet and such submissions are made at your own risk.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service or solution or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your Rights and Choices
Pursuant to the Law on Personal Data Protection numbered 6698 (the “PDPL”), you may request:
• Information on whether your personal data have been processed, if yes, to request further information on the processing activity;
• Information on the purpose of processing and whether your data is used in accordance with such purposes;
• Information on the third parties in Turkey or abroad, to whom your personal data have been transferred;
• Rectification, in case your personal data is processed incompletely or inaccurately;
• Deletion or destruction of your personal data within the scope of the conditions set forth under Article 7 of the PDPL;
• Notification of the rectification, deletion, and/or destruction operations to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred;
• To object to the occurrence of any result that is to your detriment by means of analysis of personal data exclusively through automated systems; orcompensation for the damages, in case you incur damages due to unlawful processing of your personal data.
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
To exercise these rights, you may apply to TIOSEAL in writing from the address Esentepe Mah. Büyükdere Cad. Ferko Signature No: 175/41 Şişli İstanbul, or by sending an e-mail to our registered e-mail address: email@example.com, or our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that your application requires any costs, the fees set out by the Data Protection Authority may be charged to you.
Links to Other Websites
Our sites may contain links to third-party sites. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. In case we transfer your personal information to other countries, we will rely on:
•Tthe adequacy list announced by the Data Protection Board (the ‘Board’) which sets out the foreign countries with adequate protection level;
• The Board’s approval of the transfer upon TIOSEAL’s and the transferee’s written commitment to provide an adequate level of protection, in case the recipient is not established in a country deemed having an adequate protection level by the Board.
Your consent will be obtained before such a transfer is made. Further details can be provided upon request. Please see the contact information below.
Changes and Contact
Tioseal Isı ve İzolasyon Malzemeleri Sanayi Ticaret Limited Şirketi (the data controller)
Esentepe Mah. Büyükdere Cad.
Ferko Signature No: 175/41
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.